Employment with Swan Mountain Outfitters provides a unique, educational, and gratifying work experience in one of the most beautiful and rugged places in the world. While the work is demanding and the hours are long, our employees experience a one of a kind opportunity. Spend a season with us to make memories that will last a lifetime! Don’t just visit Glacier National Park- immerse yourself in it.
How to Apply
We accept employment applications throughout the year, but review them in late January / early February and make hiring decisions for the upcoming season by the end of March. Our hiring process is composed of the following steps:
- Apply: Be sure to read all the information regarding available positions, requirements and employment benefits. Then, complete and submit the online application below.
- Application review: Although applications are accepted year round, we begin our review for the upcoming season in January.
- Submit additional materials: After your application is received, you may be asked to submit additional materials, such as references and a horsemanship video. Videos will demonstrate your ability to: catch, groom, tack, mount (from the ground) and ride (walk/ trot/lope). These videos should be 5 to 10 minutes long.
- Conduct interview: We will schedule interviews (either in-person or virtually) during the month of February or March.
- Hiring decisions: We will offer positions to the most qualified applicants by the end of March.
Application for Employment
Swan Mountain Outfitters is a family-owned company that provides interpretive horseback riding for the general public. We operate three corrals inside Glacier National Park and one location right outside it’s West entrance (this location’s trails are on USFS land). Please note we are not a guest ranch, we are a high volume trail ride operation. Our full trail ride season runs from early May to mid October. Most of our wranglers will work 5 days a week from late May to mid September. If you would like to be considered for employment in our Swan Valley or Salmon Forks divisions, please indicate that anywhere in your application.