Employment Positions Available with the Glacier Division Crew
Would you like to meet new people, work with horses and wake up everyday in one of the most awe-inspiring National Parks in the US? If so, you are in luck because Swan Mountain Outfitters – Glacier Division offers a variety of exciting employment opportunities. We have openings for the following positions: trail ride wranglers, corral managers, packers and receptionists/office staff. We are looking for honest, hardworking, people-friendly individuals with availability to work during the summer. You will receive a salary, plus room and board. Enjoy a memorable, educational and fun summer working with the Swan Mountain Outfitters – Glacier Division Crew!
For detailed information about each available position or to complete an application, click here.
- A minimum age of 18 is required for all employees
- Various starting and ending dates can be accommodated; however applicants who are available for the entire season will be given preference
- Applicants should be aware that most jobs are physically demanding and require heavy lifting, bending, standing and kneeling for multiple hours a day, six days a week
- Corral manager, packer and trail ride wrangler applicants must be comfortable around and knowledgeable about horses
- Corral manager, packer and trail ride wrangler applicants must have valid CPR and Wilderness First Aid certifications
- A personal vehicle is highly encouraged as most of our locations may be anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours away from grocery stores, access to internet, box stores and other places of interest
- The cost of round trip transportation is the responsibility of the employee, and should be considered before applying
- In the event that you do not bring a vehicle with you, the company can provide transportation to your work location from either the Kalispell bus station, the Kalispell Airport (airport code FCA) or the Whitefish and West Glacier train stations
- For all positions except the Sales and Reservations Coordinator, employees will receive a monthly salary. Half of the salary is deposited into your account via direct deposit every two weeks. Additionally, for most positions, the company will cover room and board (i.e. all rent, utilities and food). Note: room and board are included in addition to a fair salary and not deducted from it
- Seasonal employees of the three Park corrals (Apgar, Lake McDonald and Many Glacier) are housed in ranch-style bunkhouses with indoor bathrooms, located within Glacier National Park. West Glacier employees are housed in “Wrangler Village” which is a traditional canvas wall tent camp.
- Employees will share a room or tent with fellow employees; we do our best to avoid coed quarters
- Ingredients for all meals are provided, but employees are responsible for the preparation/clean up duties. All employees will participate in a rotational cook schedule where they will be required to cook and clean for the crew approximately once per week
- Wranglers who excel at taking care of and educating the guests will likely receive additional income in the form of tips
Swan Mountain Outfitters – Glacier Division is an equal opportunity employer.
Attend our Guide School or Wrangler School and Take Your Horsemanship to the Next Level
Interested in some of the positions we offer, but have absolutely no experience with horses? Do you just need to brush up on your horsemanship skills? Or, are you thinking about working with horses as part of your full time career? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, you need to check out our Swan Mountain Wilderness Guide School.
** HEADER PHOTO BY TRAPPER BADOVINAC